Scrubs. Medically appropriate shoes (e.g. closed crocs). No Jeans or Sneakers, except during specified Saturday services.
• Members will serve primarily Monday-Friday 8-4:30. Weekend or after-hours service generally includes community health fairs or wellness events.
• Members have the flexibility to serve in our postpartum unit on weekends in lieu of a weekday, as long as there is no conflict with a scheduled community event.
• There will be 2 Little Miracles sponsored Saturday Baby Showers from 7:30-12 in May and December.
University of Florida Health –Jacksonville (UF Health) serves Northeast Florida and Southern Georgia. Our patient population includes private pay, Medicaid/Medicare, self-pay and the indigent. Our vision is to be Jacksonville's most valued community asset, eliminating healthcare needs as a concern of the population. UF Health will achieve this vision by: 1) Delivering patient-centered care that exceeds expectations of patients and families, 2) Providing unrivaled medical education and research and 3) Developing partnerships that enhance the well-being of the community.
UF Health’s mission is to heal, comfort, educate and discover. We dedicate our work to improving people’s lives through healthcare innovations. Our commitment is to provide constant attention to our patients’ needs, our community and each other.
• Male or Female who is organized, multi-tasked and pays attention to detail.
• Interest in Nutrition, Physical Activity, Exercise and Wellness Based Health Promotion
• Interest in Maternal and Child Health
• Team & customer oriented, positive attitude, and patient individuals will be the best suited to serve in this department.
• There are no minimum qualifications for this position.
• High interest or experiences in maternal-child health including family health.
Experience interviewing or peer counseling. Good computer, verbal and written communication. Educational background in social work, public health, or psychology will help a members succeed. As well as any healthcare skills/experiences or interest.
National Health Corps Florida
Northeast Florida Healthy Start Coalition
644 Cesery Blvd Suite 210
Jacksonville, FL 32211