Accessible Via Public Transportation?:
This site is not accessible via public transportation
Does This Position Require a Personal Vehicle?:
Organization Dress Code::
Business casual or scrubs
Expected Service Schedule::
• Full-time, 40hrs per week between 8:30am-5:00pm Monday-Friday
• Sulzbacher Westside Dental is closed after hours, on weekends and holidays. If the member requires additional hours, he/she can participate in assessing eligibility for our clinical community events (e.g., breast cancer screenings) and/or after-hour specialty clinics (e.g. STD clinic).
Organization Description and Mission::
• Sulzbacher Center is the largest provider of comprehensive services to homeless men, women and children in Northeast Florida. The Sulzbacher Center is open 24 hours per day, 7 days per week, and 365 days per year. The center serves nutritious meals, offers safe shelter, has comprehensive case management and children’s programs, provide outstanding healthcare, dental and behavioral health services, housing and aftercare programs. Additionally; the Center’s career training programs and job placement assistance and life skills programs equip men and women for employment and success. The Center’s stated mission is “To empower homeless and at-risk men, women and children to achieve a better life through a full range of services, both direct and in collaboration with community partners, thus renewing hope and restoring lives back into the fabric of the community.”
• Our campus is home to the Sulzbacher Medical Center, a Federally Qualified Health Center and a Federal Tort Claims Act (FTCA) Deemed Facility that offers a complete range of health-care services to residents of the Sulzbacher Center and to others in need in our community. Each resident undergoes a comprehensive medical assessment and treatment for any health issues that are discovered. Community partners help in many areas, including providing free medication, medical case management, health-education classes, vision screenings, low-cost glasses, wheelchairs, and much more.
• Our comprehensive care includes Primary Care, Behavioral Health Care, Dental Care, and Prescription Assistance Program (PAP). Our Behavioral Health Clinicians provide assessments, psychiatric and counseling services to primarily uninsured patients the majority of whom are homeless or reside in unstable housing. On average, our clinics see over 5,000 patients per year.