Program or Project:
Care Outreach and Education
Percentage of time over term member will spend with this program:
• Using population health management software, member will identify patients due for specific preventive health or chronic care services (i.e. “care due”), and develop outreach plans (may include mail, text, patient portal, or telephone calls)
• Member will provide patient education on reasons for remaining up to date on preventive/chronic care services
• Member will identify any barriers to “care due” services, and collaborate with the Care Coordination Nurse to address.
• Member will help organize and execute our 2nd annual community outreach event in October 2019, specifically focusing on cancer screening including coordinating with health center managers & clinical education team to set up & staff health fair educational tables on cancer screening, oversee a patient raffle, coordinate with the American Cancer Society (ACS) on raffle prizes, and monitor attendee numbers and screenings for data collection to the ACS.
Outreach to 50-75 patients weekly; CCD event- 75-100 attendees; 10-20 screenings
NHC performance measure(s) this activity falls under (if any). :
• Deliver Information about Health Insurance, Health Care Access, and Health Benefits Programs
• Health Education
• Health Care Service Enrollment and Scheduling
• Social Service Navigation
• Capacity Building
• Non-member Volunteer Management