NHC Position Type
The member will provide outreach at community events for COVID vaccine and testing education and deliverance. Internal patient outreach to patients who are non-engaged to reconnect them with health care and providing information and education about COVID vaccination and testing. Giving education and information to non-engaged patients regarding COVID vaccination, COVID testing, COVID prevention, and reconnecting to care in San Joaquin County.
Major Duties and Responsibilities
- Communicating with patients newly diagnosed with Covid-19
- Maintaining professional boundaries and respecting patient confidentiality
- Collecting and recording information on patients, following established scripts to provide information to patients
- Attending meetings with host site staff as needed
- Working closely with staff and leadership
- Participating in patient care and education
- Greeting and intaking patients in person and at testing and/or vaccination sites
- Providing administrative and logistical support
- Participating in health and awareness campaigns
- Creating communications, flyers, and graphics
- Developing and providing community education
- Planning, scheduling, and convening workgroups
- Providing information pertaining to the COVID-19 vaccine
Characteristics of an Ideal Candidate
- Eager to engage
- Ability to interact empathetically with diverse individuals
- Ability to handle confidential information
- Experience working with patient populations
- Excellent customer service
- Speaks language(s) spoken by patient populations
- Able to serve in a fast-paced environment
Knowledge Required for the Position
Skill with Microsoft Office or other software for a variety of data processing operations involving a range of problem solving, record keeping, correspondence, and service tracking options.
The supervisor assigns service activities in terms of project objectives and basic priorities and is available for consultation in resolving controversial issues.
The service activities are reviewed for accuracy through spot checks, through complaints from customers, and through observation of the Member at service.
Detailed guidelines exist, including regulations and directives, handbooks, precedents, industry standards and files of previous projects.
The facts or conditions of the service position are clear cut, predictable, and apply directly to the assignment.
Purpose and Impact of Service Position Assignments
Member provides timely services of a personal nature to others. The service position product or service affects the accuracy, reliability, or acceptability of further processes or services.
Nature of Contacts
Purpose of Contacts
To motivate, influence, or educate people to support change behaviors.
Unusual physical demands involving climbing, lifting, stooping, and reaching, etc. Unusual service hours, involving evenings, weekends, or long shifts Significant travel (more than 25%), Unsafe or hazardous surroundings or working conditions