NHC Position Type
The member will be primarily responsible for health outreach to patients and community members. This position will provide ongoing support for the outreach team. The Outreach Coordinator will work with Outreach personnel to disseminate and collect information related to patient care.
Major Duties and Responsibilities
- Providing individualized, tailored care to a specific patient population
- Following up and assisting patients with social service and health care navigation
- Recruiting, managing, and scheduling subject matter experts for patient education
- Connecting with community-based organizations, schools, churches, etc.
- Registering patients in the case management system,
- Providing access to and awareness of resources for patients
Characteristics of an Ideal Candidate
- Multi-tasker; ability to balance
- Interested in health and wellness promotion
- Experience interacting with patient populations
- Positive attitude
- Patient and calm
- Good verbal and written communication skills
- Proficient computer and data entry skills (e.g., Microsoft suite)
- Experience working with patient populations
- Familiarity with patient populations
- Speaks language(s) spoken by patient populations
- Creative problem solving
- Kind and friendly
- Experience in a community health center or healthcare
Member uses initiative in carrying out recurring assignments following set procedures, independently. The supervisor assigns service activities, advises on changes in procedures, and is available for assistance when required. The supervisor assigns service activities in terms of project objectives and basic priorities and is available for consultation in resolving controversial issues.
Completed projects are reviewed very generally to determine that objectives have been met and are in compliance with policies and regulations.
Guidelines are generally applicable, but the Member independently makes adaptations in dealing with problems and unusual situations. Member must use considerable judgment in adapting current or developing new guidance.
Member has to develop, analyze, or evaluate information before the service position can progress.
Purpose and Impact of Service Position Assignments
The service position product or service affects the design or operation of systems, programs, or equipment. The member is required to investigate or analyze a
variety of unusual conditions, problems, or questions.
Nature of Contacts
Purpose of Contacts
To motivate, influence, or educate people to support change behaviors