NHC Position Type
The member will provide outreach and education to patients who are not in care by providing support on navigating the health care system to creating patient portal, scheduling appointments and navigating the virtual and telephonic appointments. Patients face additional barriers and challenges to being engaged in their health care or find it overwhelming to navigate the health care system.
Major Duties and Responsibilities
- Following established scripts to provide information to
- Attending meetings with host site staff as needed
- Conducting outreach to patients with unmet needs
- Working closely with staff and leadership
- Participating in patient care and education
- Providing administrative and logistical support
- Developing and providing community education
- Providing information pertaining to the COVID-19 vaccine
Characteristics of an Ideal Candidate
- Can manage time independently
- Proficient computer and data entry skills (e.g., Microsoft suite)
- Good interpersonal skills
- Ability to interact empathetically with diverse individuals
- Excellent customer service
- Speaks language(s) spoken by patient populations
- Organized; sound organizational skills
- Good telephone skills
Knowledge Required for the Position
Skill with Microsoft Office or other software for a variety of data processing operations involving a range of problem solving, record keeping, correspondence, and
service tracking options.
The supervisor assigns service activities, advises on changes in procedures, and is available for assistance when required.
Completed projects are reviewed very generally to determine that objectives have been met and are in compliance with policies and regulations.
Written and oral guides provide specific instructions for doing service. Detailed guidelines exist, including regulations and directives, handbooks, precedents, industry standards and files of previous projects. Member must use considerable judgment in adapting current or developing new guidance.
The facts or conditions of the service position are clear cut, predictable, and apply directly to the assignment.
Purpose and Impact of Service Position Assignments
The Member’s service output is necessary in order to facilitate the service of other staff. Member provides timely services of a personal nature to others. The service position product or services affect the social, physical, and economic well-being of a
substantial number of people on an ongoing basis.
Nature of Contacts
Purpose of Contacts
To motivate, influence, or educate people to support change behaviors.
Health screening or service required