NHC Position Type
The purpose of the member service is to coordinate the execution of the national diabetes prevention program as designed by Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC). The member will serve collaboratively to identify partnerships to host and sponsor the program in various communities. The member will serve to recruit participants through various mechanisms and educate participants in diabetes prevention per CDC protocol.
Major Duties and Responsibilities
- Engaging in outreach and promoting health education topics and healthcare services
- Collaborating with pre-existing patients and partner organizations
- Recruiting participants
- Facilitating and conducting healthcare and wellness trainings and classes
- Implementing and executing program using established protocols
- Managing program evaluations
- Conducting data collection
- Planning and preparing for classes
- Keeping and organizing documentation and records
- Engaging in program planning
- Doing physical exercise demonstrations
- Developing community relationships
- Coordinating with food access programs
Characteristics of an Ideal Candidate
- Speaks language(s) spoken by patient populations
- Experience with public speaking
- Multi-tasker; ability to balance
- Good verbal and written communication skills
- Proficient computer skills and data entry skills
- Passion for community outreach or helping others to improve their health a plus
Knowledge Required for the Position
- Knowledge of AmeriCorps/Health Corps member requirements
- Skill with Microsoft Office or other software for a variety of data processing operations involving a range of problem solving
- Record keeping
- Correspondence, and service tracking options
The supervisor assigns service activities, advises on changes in procedures, and is available for assistance when required.
The service activities are reviewed for accuracy through spot checks, through complaints from customers, and through observation of the Member at service. , Completed projects are reviewed very generally to determine that objectives have been met and are in compliance with policies and regulations.
Detailed guidelines exist, including regulations and directives, handbooks, precedents, industry standards and files of previous projects. , Member must use considerable judgment in adapting current or developing new guidance.
The Member must develop new techniques, methods, or approaches to complete service position assignments.
Purpose and Impact of Service Position Assignments
Member provides timely services of a personal nature to others. , The service position product or service affects the design or operation of systems, programs, or equipment. , The service position product or services affect the social, physical, and economic well-being of a substantial number of people on an ongoing basis.
Nature of Contacts
Purpose of Contacts
To give or exchange information
Personal vehicle required
Criminal History Check Requirements Beyond NHC Standard Checks
The hospital policy is to conduct background checks on all members, team members, and volunteers who serve within our company. Criminal Background checks include fingerprinting (where indicated), credit check and a review of national registries as designated by the Office of the Inspector General. All policies are followed for every person who interacts our client population.