NHC Position Type
The member will enroll and recruit Advocate Trinity Hospital’s patients to participate in the Healthy Living Program’s Food Farmacy. The member will coordinate food distribution and assess the program’s impact through several measures including qualitative and quantitative methods.
Major Duties and Responsibilities
- Engaging in outreach and promoting health education topics and healthcare services
- Collaborating with pre-existing patients and partner organizations
- Recruiting participants
- Facilitating interventions and classes about health issue prevention and management and overall wellness
- Creating healthcare and wellness educational materials
- Facilitating and conducting healthcare and wellness trainings and classes
- Managing program evaluations
- Conducting data collection
- Planning and preparing for classes
- Keeping and organizing documentation and records
- Engaging in program planning
- Doing healthy cooking demonstrations
- Doing physical exercise demonstrations
- Developing community relationships
- Coordinating with food access programs
Characteristics of an Ideal Candidate
- Experience with public speaking
- Multi-tasker; ability to balance
- Good verbal and written communication skills
- Proficient computer skills and data entry skills
- Passion for community outreach or helping others to improve their health a plus
Knowledge Required for the Position
Knowledge of AmeriCorps/Health Corps member requirements. Skill with Microsoft Office or other software for a variety of data processing operations involving a range of problem solving, record keeping, correspondence, and service tracking options.
Member uses initiative in carrying out recurring assignments following set procedures, independently. The supervisor assigns service activities, advises on changes in procedures, and is available for assistance when required.
Completed projects are reviewed very generally to determine that objectives have been met and are in compliance with policies and regulations.
Detailed guidelines exist, including regulations and directives, handbooks, precedents, industry standards and files of previous projects.
Member has to develop, analyze, or evaluate information before the service position can progress. The facts or conditions of the service position are clear cut, predictable, and apply directly to the assignment.
Purpose and Impact of Service Position Assignments
Member provides timely services of a personal nature to others. The service position product or services affect the social, physical, and economic well-being of a substantial number of people on an ongoing basis.
Nature of Contacts
Purpose of Contacts
To give or exchange information
Unusual service hours, involving evenings, weekends, or long shifts. Personal vehicle required.
Criminal History Check Requirements Beyond NHC Standard Checks
The hospital policy is to conduct background checks on all members, team members, and volunteers who serve within our company. Criminal Background checks include fingerprinting (where indicated), credit check and a review of national registries as designated by the Office of the Inspector General. All policies are followed for every person who interacts our client population.