NHC Position Type
The Philip Jaisohn Memorial Foundation is a 501 (c) (3) nonprofit health and human service organization created in 1975. The Foundation’s mission is to promote and fulfill Dr. Philip Jaisohn’s ideals of humanity through medical, home health care (skilled), home care, mental health counseling, social/educational/cultural services for the enhancement of the quality of life in our nearby communities and particularly those of Asian Americans. Our offices are in Philadelphia and Montgomery counties and the Jaisohn Memorial House is located in Media, PA.
Since February 2021, Jaisohn Medical Center with the Asian American Coalition has hosted 60+ vaccine clinics for the Asian American, African American, and Latinx communities with language, transportation, cultural barriers as well as religious sensitivities. We have been partnering with other organizations to vaccinate over 5500 people with language support. We will continue to host vaccine clinics in 2022 and we are seeking a self motivated, organized and detail oriented individual to coordinate COVID-19 Vaccine Clinics at the Jaisohn Medical Center. Major duties of the member will include planning Vaccine Clinics in consultation with other team members, planning and executing COVID Vaccine education and advocacy, scheduling individuals for upcoming vaccine clinics by phone and online and following up, managing Jaisohn Vaccine email for any appointment requests and confirmation reminders, inputting vaccine recipient data through the Pennsylvania Statewide Immunization Information System (PASIIS) website within 24 hours of vaccine administration, and keeping record of vaccine inventory supplies weekly or biweekly depending on vaccine clinic schedules.
Major Duties and Responsibilities
- Following established scripts to provide information to patients
- Conducting outreach to patients with unmet needs
- Working closely with staff and leadership
- Providing administrative and logistical support
- Participating in health and awareness campaigns
- Creating communications, flyers, and graphics
- Developing and providing community education
- Preparing for and staffing COVID-19 Vaccine Clinics.
Characteristics of an Ideal Candidate
- Understanding of/Willingness to learn about the community
- Eager to engage
- Can manage time independently
- Can work efficiently
- Proficient computer and data entry skills (e.g., Microsoft suite)
- Good interpersonal skills
- Ability to interact professionally
- Ability to interact empathetically with diverse individuals
- Speaks language(s) spoken by patient populations
- Able to serve in a fast-paced environment
- Organized; sound organizational skills
- Good telephone skills
Knowledge Required for the Position
- Knowledge of AmeriCorps/Health Corps member requirements
- Skill with Microsoft Office or other software for a variety of data processing operations involving a range of problem solving, record keeping, correspondence, and service tracking options
- Member uses initiative in carrying out recurring assignments following set procedures, independently.
- The supervisor assigns service activities, advises on changes in procedures, and is available for assistance when required.
- The supervisor assigns service activities in terms of project objectives and basic priorities and is available for consultation in resolving controversial issues.
- The level of independence will be determined by various tasks/projects and the character of the issues that arise.
- The service activities are reviewed for accuracy through spot checks, through complaints from customers, and through observation of the Member at service.
- The Member independently plans and carries out the projects and selects the approaches and methods to be used in solving problems.
- Written and oral guides provide specific instructions for doing service.
- Most instructions are easily memorized and require little interpretation.
- Guidelines are generally applicable, but the Member independently makes adaptations in dealing with problems and unusual situations.
- Member has little or no choice about how to perform the service position.
- Member has to develop, analyze, or evaluate information before the service position can progress.
- The facts or conditions of the service position are clear cut, predictable, and apply directly to the assignment.
- In making decisions, the Member is often required to depart from past approaches and to extend traditional techniques.
- The tasks/projects will be generally similar but the member will need to be flexible and resourceful at times where a new situation arises while serving with a wide range of people.
Purpose and Impact of Service Position Assignments
- The service position product or services affect the social, physical, and economic well-being of a substantial number of people on an ongoing basis.
Nature of Contacts
- Community Groups
Purpose of Contacts
- To give or exchange information
- Unusual service hours, involving evenings, weekends, or long shifts; some of the vaccine clinics will be held on the weekends and evenings for accessibility for the populations we serve
- Personal vehicle required
- Language proficiency
- Proof of COVID-19 vaccination upon hire required.
Language Proficiency Requirements
- Korean (or other Asian language), 3
- Chinese (or other Asian language), 3
- Hindi (or other Asian language), 3