NHC Position Type
The primary role of this position is to help improve the quality of care of patients with chronic conditions (diabetes, hypertension, depression, etc.) by conducting routine panel management and linking MNHC patients to necessary care. Duties include conducting outreach and timely follow-up with patients to schedule and complete identified services, scheduling patients for Initial Health Assessment appointments, identifying and documenting patients’ linguistic needs, learning styles preferences, transportation needs, etc. and communicating with members of the Care Team, when warranted.
Major Duties and Responsibilities
- Conduct outreach and timely follow-up with patients to schedule and complete identified services such as preventive services, chronic disease management, COVID- 19 vaccines and testing.
- Facilitate establishment of patient's medical home within prescribed timeframes. Communicate with members of the care team.
- Update and maintain population health registry.
- Maintaining professional boundaries and respecting patient confidentiality
- Collecting and recording information on patients
- Following established scripts to provide information to patients
- Working closely with staff and leadership
- Coordinating with liaisons to problem-solve
- Participating in patient care and education
- Participating in health and awareness campaigns
Characteristics of an Ideal Candidate
Speaks language(s) spoken by patient populations
Knowledge of health-related issues
Good telephone skills
- Build strong relationships
- Understanding of/Willingness to learn about the community
- Eager to engage
- Open to learning and growth
- Can manage time independently
- Can work efficiently
- Proficient computer and data entry skills (e.g., Microsoft suite)
- Good interpersonal skills, Ability to interact professionally
- Ability to interact empathetically with diverse individuals
- Ability to handle confidential information
- Familiarity with health-related issues
- Experience working with patient populations
- Excellent customer service,
- Able to serve in a fast-paced environment
- Organized; sound organizational skills
Knowledge Required for the Position
- Skill with Microsoft Office or other software for a variety of data processing operations involving a range of problem solving, record keeping, correspondence, and service tracking options
Health care and medical terminology experience strongly preferred. Minimum of 1 year of health care experience or coursework preferred.
- Member uses initiative in carrying out recurring assignments following set procedures, independently.
The supervisor assigns service activities, advises on changes in procedures, and is available for assistance when required.
- The service activities are reviewed for accuracy through spot checks, through complaints from customers, and through observation of the Member at service.
- Written and oral guides provide specific instructions for doing service.
We will also develop new workflows and procedures
The conditions of the position will typically be clear cut and predictable and there will be some situations where judgement will have to be exercised either on the spot or by seeking direction from supervisor. We expect the person in this position to provide input and share creative strategies to improve processes.
Purpose and Impact of Service Position Assignments
- The service position product or services affect the social, physical, and economic well-being of a substantial number of people on an ongoing basis.
Nature of Contacts
Purpose of Contacts
to provide customer service
Provide documentation of a TB test and certain immunizations for work in clinical areas.
Language Proficiency Requirements
- Language proficiency (bilingual in Spanish and English)