Click the button below to apply.
About NHC's Application Process
We enthusiastically welcome applicants with a variety of backgrounds and experiences!
Most NHC members apply April through August, and serve a 1,700 hour service term over 42-46 weeks that begins on August 30, 2021. NHC Delaware members will have a 1,200 hour service term over 30-33 weeks that begins in May 2021. NHC Commonwealth Civilian Coronavirus Corps (CCCC) members will serve 2,000 hours and most will begin service in late fall-early winter.
NHC may have some positions open throughout the year, so it’s possible to apply at any point in the year.
We hope you decide to apply to serve with National Health Corps! If you do, the application process goes like this:
- Complete our 10-question application to see if you are a potential match for NHC. All questions but one are multiple choice. No resume necessary!
- If you are a potential match for NHC based on your application responses, you will be notified immediately and receive a reference form (we ask for a minimum of two references) and position interest form. You can select your first choice NHC program location and up to two positions of interest in that location. NHC positions vary widely.
- Once you submit your reference and position interest forms, you will be contacted to schedule and conduct a phone or video interview with one of our NHC staff members if member service positions remain available.
- After the interview, you will receive an email letting you know if you have been recommended to move on in the NHC member selection process.
- If you are selected to move forward with the process after your first interview, NHC staff from the location you expressed interest in will contact you to schedule and conduct conversations about your positions of interest. These conversations are not interviews. At this point, you have already been determined to meet the basic NHC qualifications. These conversations are opportunities for you to ask questions and for NHC staff to determine if you could be a match for the specific positions/host sites you applied for, or if perhaps there are other positions/host sites that may be a better fit.
- After these conversations, you will be contacted by staff at host sites to schedule an interview, or you will be notified if you have not been selected to interview with a particular host site.
- After host site interviews, you will receive an email within two weeks noting any positions offers. Candidates who are not selected to interview with or are not matched with a host site will be placed on NHC's waiting list.
- You will have three calendar days to accept or decline any offers you receive.
- If you accept, NHC staff will reach out to begin the NHC onboarding process, which will include confirming your eligibility to serve with the program.
NHC recruits members on a rolling basis until member positions are full.