NHC Position Type
The member will be key to developing programs by WellSpace Health to better connect with the communities and plays an active role in assisting with the efforts of WellSpace Health’s Clinical Quality Team. Responsibilities include assisting with the development, implementation, and evaluation of projects to improve our efforts to engage our patients in care to help lower the rates of chronic diseases such as diabetes, heart disease, and cancers. The Member will work directly with the Clinical Quality, Medical, and Operational staff, on interventions that close the care gaps and improve outcomes for patients. The Member will work directly with patients and their families to engage them in care to help to screen for cancers and prevent chronic disease.
Major Duties and Responsibilities
- Responsibilities include assisting with the development, implementation and evaluation of projects to improve our efforts to engage our patients in care to help lower the rates of chronic diseases such are diabetes, heart disease and cancers and to improve the quality metrics.
- Facilitating problem-solving and developing positive working relationships at all levels.
- Manage information related to UDS and HEDIS measures.
- Work directly with the Quality, Medical, and Operational staff to identify patients that have gaps in care and to engage patients in seeking appropriate care.
- An active role in interventions that close the care gaps and improve outcomes for patients such as text messaging campaigns, phone calls, and patient visits.
Characteristics of an Ideal Candidate
- Good verbal and written communication skills
- Proficient computer skills and data entry skills
- Passion for community outreach or helping others to
improve their health a plus
Knowledge Required for the Position
Skill with Microsoft Office or other software for a variety
of data processing operations involving a range of
problem solving, record keeping, correspondence, and
service tracking options.
The supervisor assigns service activities, advises on
changes in procedures, and is available for assistance
The service activities are reviewed for accuracy through
spot checks, through complaints from customers, and
through observation of the Member at service.
Detailed guidelines exist, including regulations and
directives, handbooks, precedents, industry standards
and files of previous projects.
The facts or conditions of the service position are clear
cut, predictable, and apply directly to the assignment.
Purpose and Impact of Service Position Assignments
The service position product or services affect the
social, physical, and economic well-being of a
substantial number of people on an ongoing basis.
Nature of Contacts
Purpose of Contacts
To develop and integrate projects.