NHC Position Type
This position will be pivotal in acting as a community liaison to do the necessary outreach to schools and other nonprofit organizations to assist in the MOU process, scheduling sites and organizing the staff for the implementation of providing primary care and behavioral health services to hard to reach populations. This will include promoting COVID 19 vaccinations with educational materials and facilitating small focus groups.
Major Duties and Responsibilities
- Developing and providing health education for the community planning, scheduling, and convening workgroups between organizations
- Attending trainings and/or community events,
- Maintaining an inventory of supply materials for patients, clients, and/or organizations
- Providing outreach in the community to promote services
- Networking with the community
- Coordinating with outside facilities, faith-based organizations, social services agencies, private medical practices, etc.
Characteristics of an Ideal Candidate
- Good with patient populations
- Excellent communicator
- Good with diverse personalities
- Good interpersonal skills
- Multi-tasker; ability to balance
- Ability to work in deadline-oriented environment
- Team player
- Community-organizing experience
- Works well with others
- Good listener
- Thinks creatively
- Able to build relationships with experts
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment
- Organized; sound organizational skills
- Good telephone skills
Knowledge Required for the Position
Knowledge of AmeriCorps/Health Corps member requirements. Skill with Microsoft Office or other software for a variety of data processing operations involving a range of problem solving, record keeping, correspondence, and
service tracking options.
Member uses initiative in carrying out recurring assignments following set procedures, independently. The supervisor assigns service activities, advises on
changes in procedures, and is available for assistance when required. The supervisor assigns service activities in terms of project objectives and basic priorities and is available for consultation in resolving controversial issues.
The service activities are reviewed for accuracy through spot checks, through complaints from customers, and through observation of the Member at service.
Completed projects are reviewed very generally to determine that objectives have been met and are in compliance with policies and regulations.
Written and oral guides provide specific instructions for doing service.
Guidelines are generally applicable, but the Member independently makes adaptations in dealing with problems and unusual situations.
The facts or conditions of the service position are clear cut, predictable, and apply directly to the assignment. The Member must develop new techniques, methods, or approaches to complete service position assignments.
Purpose and Impact of Service Position Assignments
The service position product or service affects the accuracy, reliability, or acceptability of further processes or services.
Nature of Contacts
Purpose of Contacts
To give or exchange information.
Personal vehicle required.