NHC Position Type
The members will assess client healthcare services and addressing barriers to care. Acting as liaison for community members to available resources. Assists with event planning for fundraising, employee engagement, and outreach to the community including booth events. Assist with disseminating information on health insurance, health information, to include health education materials linguistically and culturally appropriate for limited English proficiency (LEP) clients of EDCHC.
Major Duties and Responsibilities
- Maintaining professional boundaries and respecting patient confidentiality
- Referring patients to social and support services
- Following established scripts to provide information to patients
- Attending meetings with host site staff as needed
- Conducting outreach to patients with unmet needs
- Working closely with staff and leadership
- Coordinating with liaisons to problem-solve
- Identifying gaps and implementing new workflows
- Conducting clinic observations and patient surveys
- Engaging patient advisors to improve patient experience
- Providing administrative and logistical support
- Participating in health and awareness campaigns
- Monitoring rates and trends on health-related issues
- Creating communications, flyers, and graphics
- Obtaining feedback to improve communications
- Developing and providing community education
- Planning, scheduling, and convening workgroups
- Generating and disseminating monthly reports
- Planning, scheduling, and coordinating listening sessions
- Recording and evaluating data to inform health education
- Presenting and/or developing classes on health and lifestyle
- Providing information pertaining to the COVID-19 vaccine
Characteristics of an Ideal Candidate
- Build strong relationships
- Understanding of/Willingness to learn about the community
- Eager to engage
- Open to learning and growth
- Can read group dynamics
- Can step back to allow others to take charge
- Can manage time independently
- Can work efficiently
- Good interpersonal skills
- Ability to interact professionally
- Ability to interact empathetically with diverse individuals
- Ability to handle confidential information
- Experience working with patient populations
- Strong analytical skills
- Excellent customer service
- Able to serve in a fast-paced environment
- Organized; sound organizational skills
- Good telephone skills
Knowledge Required for the Position
Knowledge of AmeriCorps/Health Corps member requirements. Skill with Microsoft Office or other software for a variety of data processing operations involving a range of problem solving, record keeping, correspondence, and service tracking options.
Member uses initiative in carrying out recurring assignments following set procedures, independently. The supervisor assigns service activities, advises on changes in procedures, and is available for assistance when required. The supervisor assigns service activities in terms of project objectives and basic priorities and is available for consultation in resolving controversial issues.
The service activities are reviewed for accuracy through spot checks, through complaints from customers, and through observation of the Member at service. Completed projects are reviewed very generally to determine that objectives have been met and are in compliance with policies and regulations.
Most instructions are easily memorized and require little interpretation. Detailed guidelines exist, including regulations and directives, handbooks, precedents, industry standards and files of previous projects. Guidelines are generally applicable, but the Member independently makes adaptations in dealing with problems and unusual situations. Member must use considerable judgment in adapting current or developing new guidance.
Member has to develop, analyze, or evaluate information before the service position can progress. The service position assignments vary significantly or often involve unusual circumstances and incomplete or conflicting data.
Purpose and Impact of Service Position Assignments
Service position assignments involve a variety of conventional problems, questions, or situations that conform to established criteria.
Nature of Contacts
Purpose of Contacts
To motivate, influence, or educate people to support change behaviors.
Personal vehicle required, Health screening or service required, Criminal history check requirements beyond those required by National Health Corps: TB assessment and COVID vaccination, health and drug screen, and other immunization assessment will be conducted.