NHC Position Type
The purpose of this position is to increase knowledge around COVID-19; and, use of healthcare services by promoting healthcare literacy and knowledge, providing healthcare access and advocating for patients.
Major Duties and Responsibilities
- Engaging in outreach and promoting health education topics and healthcare services
- Creating healthcare and wellness educational materials
- Engaging in program planning
Characteristics of an Ideal Candidate
- Multi-tasker; ability to balance
- Coordination and/or great project management skills
- Good verbal and written communication skills
- Proficient computer skills and data entry skills
- Passion for community outreach or helping others to improve their health a plus
Knowledge Required for the Position
Skill with Microsoft Office or other software for a variety of data processing operations involving a range of problem solving, record keeping, correspondence, and service tracking options
The supervisor assigns service activities in terms of project objectives and basic priorities and is available for consultation in resolving controversial issues.
- The service activities are reviewed for accuracy through spot checks, through complaints from customers, and through observation of the Member at service
- The Member independently plans and carries out the projects and selects the approaches and methods to be used in solving problems
- Completed projects are reviewed very generally to determine that objectives have been met and are in compliance with policies and regulations
Guidelines are generally applicable, but the Member independently makes adaptations in dealing with problems and unusual situations.
The facts or conditions of the service position are clear cut, predictable, and apply directly to the assignment.
Purpose and Impact of Service Position Assignments
Service position assignments involve a variety of conventional problems, questions, or situations that conform to established criteria.
Nature of Contacts
Purpose of Contacts
To motivate, influence, or educate people to support change behaviors
Health screening or service required