NHC Position Type
This coordinator position will assist with the launch and development of Harper's Heart diaper bank. Once the diaper bank is open, the NHC member will be the overseeing facilitator of this service provided by Harpers Heart. In this role, they will manage pick up orders by parents and our local emergency services partnerships. The coordinator of the emergency service will oversee the registration intake process of the diaper bank. This will be an important role because registrations will act as the foundation of organization and data collection for Harper’s Heart.
Major Duties and Responsibilities
● Work with the team to develop the diaper bank
●Oversee all logistics of procedure intake requirements of diaper bank
●Oversee distribution of diaper bank services
●Organize the supplies expected to be picked up for each day
●Will be responsible for gathering supplies for emergency service in a timely manner according to the agreed upon pick between our organization and the local partner
● Oversee all volunteer staff that assist with the diaper bank
● Update the team on any changes in procedure or materials, needed to make the experience more efficient to the parents or our staff The member will organize the expected daily supply pick up
●Help create a collection of data that helps the bank anticipate the amount of supplies needed in the future as the children grow and family needs change. All data collected will be turned into a spread sheet that in detail shows the demographics we are serving within the community
Characteristics of an Ideal Candidate
A member will be successful in their position is they’re analytical, patient, happy to be serve other people, and empathetic towards others, self-motivated, and organized.
Knowledge Required for the Position
The minimum qualifications to be successful for this position would be someone with a proficient reading level and minimal technology skills.
language skills (Spanish speaking considered)
the ability to identify others needs
attention to details
Founder and CEO of Harper’s Heart
Program Coordinator of National Health Corps Community Health Fellowship
Program Director of National Health Corps Community Health Fellowship
In order to be eligible to serve in this position and in the NHC Program, a person must meet the following requirements:
1. Must be at least 18 years of age by the time the service term begins.
2. Must be a United States citizen, national, or lawful permanent resident.
3. Must have a high school diploma or an equivalency certificate and must not have dropped out of elementary or secondary school in order to enroll as an AmeriCorps member (unless enrolled in an institution of higher education on an ability to benefit basis and is considered eligible for funds under section 484 of the Higher Education Act of 1965, 20 U.S.C. 1091), or who has been determined through an independent assessment conducted by the Program to be incapable of obtaining a high school diploma or its equivalent.
4. Must have complied with all AmeriCorps required criminal history checks including 1) a State Criminal Registry Check of the AmeriCorps-designated repository in both the state in which the Program operates and the state in which the member resided at the time they applied to the Program; 2) a nationwide fingerprint-based FBI background check; and 3) a Department of Justice National Sex Offender Registry Check. The member understands that if the results of the required criminal history checks reveal that they are subject to a state sex offender registration requirement and/or have been convicted of homicide (1st, 2nd or 3rd degree) they will be ineligible to serve in the Program. The member also understands they will have the opportunity to review and dispute the findings from the criminal history check.
5. Must submit valid forms of documentation to prove date of birth and citizenship/naturalization/resident alien status and must have a valid government-issued photo identification.
6. Must disclose any history of having been released from another AmeriCorps program; failure to do so will render one ineligible to receive the education award.
7. Must submit evidence that they successfully completed any previous AmeriCorps terms, if applicable.
8. Must furnish all other documentation deemed appropriate by the Program and Host Site
Language Proficiency Requirements
Bilingual (A plus)
Criminal History Check Requirements Beyond NHC Standard Checks