NHC Position Type
The Community Engagement Coordinator is responsible for coordinating “pop-up” and community food distribution events throughout the State of Delaware. As required by the NHC agreement, the member will dedicate at least 85% of their time to service related work.
The Community Engagement Coordinator will work to facilitate “pop-up” and community food distribution events. In addition, this position will assist at large scale mass distribution events by coordinating community resources to be made available to clients, as well as organize community resources to be present at the events. The Community Engagement Coordinator will also work with the Communications Director on sharing information to past recipients through e-mail and other virtual engagements. This position is also responsible for developing partnerships with Food Bank of Delaware (FBD) Hunger Relief Program Partners and community organizations, as needed, to achieve the job’s goals and outreach objectives.
The Community Engagement Coordinator will focus their work on sharing health related information, including, but not limited to: COVID-19 vaccination information, COVID-19 testing information, mental health, nutrition and healthy eating, among others.
Major Duties and Responsibilities
- Providing health education to at-risk populations
- Providing outreach in the community to promote services
- Linking clients from community organizations to services
- Coordinating with outside facilities, faith-based organizations, social services agencies, private medical practices, etc.
Characteristics of an Ideal Candidate
- Good with diverse personalities
- Good interpersonal skills
- Team player
- Works well with others
- Speaks language(s) spoken by patient populations
- Organized; sound organizational skills
- Good customer service skills
- Proficient computer and data entry skills (e.g., Microsoft suite)
Knowledge Required for the Position
- Knowledge of AmeriCorps/Health Corps member requirements
- Skill with Microsoft Office or other software for a variety of data processing operations involving a range of problem solving, record keeping, correspondence, and service tracking options
The supervisor assigns service activities, advises on changes in procedures, and is available for assistance when required.
- Completed projects are reviewed very generally to determine that objectives have been met and are in compliance with policies and regulations.
- Most instructions are easily memorized and require little interpretation.
- The facts or conditions of the service position are clear cut, predictable, and apply directly to the assignment.
- Member provides timely services of a personal nature to others.
Nature of Contacts
Community Organizations, Community Groups
Purpose of Contacts
- To give or exchange information
- To motivate, influence, or educate people to support change behaviors
Personal vehicle use not required, but may be utilized if member has one.