NHC Position Type
NC100BW DE designed and branded Sisters Saving Sisters: Beyond the Mask, a COVID-19 mitigation and vaccine information initiative launched in October 2020. The National Health Corp Delaware member would be assigned to assist with the on-going development and execution of public facing COVID-19 and related health workshops, expanding content on the www.beyondthemask.info on line platform housing mental health, employment, housing, testing, vaccination and other resources, assist with representing NC100BW DE on various COVID-19 coordination groups and helping develop a targeted messaging campaign for Black women ages 25 and under.
The NHC member would also assist with galvanizing action strategies resulting from qualitative data associated with a pending statewide Black Girls/Teens research project in partnership with DHSS Division of Public Health, University of Delaware and Delaware State University.
Major Duties and Responsibilities
- Actively participating in heath campaigns by monitoring health issue trends
- Creating and developing communications related to outreach campaigns
- Developing and providing health education for the community
- Planning, scheduling, and convening workgroups between organizations
- Attending trainings and/or community events
- Providing outreach in the community to promote services
- Networking with the community
- Collecting and tracking of data
Characteristics of an Ideal Candidate
- Excellent communicator
- Experience with developing surveys
- Experience with project implementation
- Multi-tasker; ability to balance
- Ability to work in deadline-oriented environment
- Interest in health, social justice, and policy issues
- Team player
- Background in social justice or advocacy work
- Community-organizing experience
- Good listener
- Desires to empower community
- Social media experience
- Organized; sound organizational skills
- Proficient computer and data entry skills (e.g., Microsoft suite)
Knowledge Required for the Position
Skill with Microsoft Office or other software for a variety of data processing operations involving a range of problem solving, record keeping, correspondence, and service tracking options
- The supervisor assigns service activities, advises on changes in procedures, and is available for assistance when required.
- The supervisor assigns service activities in terms of project objectives and basic priorities and is available for consultation in resolving controversial issues.
Completed projects are reviewed very generally to determine that objectives have been met and are in compliance with policies and regulations.
Most instructions are easily memorized and require little interpretation.
The facts or conditions of the service position are clear cut, predictable, and apply directly to the assignment.
Purpose and Impact of Service Position Assignments
- The service position product or service affects the accuracy, reliability, or acceptability of further processes or services.
- The service position product or service affects the design or operation of systems, programs, or equipment.
Nature of Contacts
Purpose of Contacts
To motivate, influence, or educate people to support change behaviors