NHC Position Type
Outpatient FMC Clinic
- Work with our food insecure patients to help them navigate and obtain food from our mobile grocery store. Major duties include identifying patients who would benefit from the mobile grocery store, primarily how they answer on the social determinants of health survey they complete on intake to the clinic. Other duties include coordinating and scheduling patients on the mobile grocery store. As well as identifying other food pantries/food resources in the community for the patient to access. Additionally, we have noted that there has been significant no-show with our population, despite reminder phone calls and the patients expressing interest and answering in the affirmative that they would come to the mobile grocery store. With this no-show rate it has been noted that transportation may be a particularly salient barrier in them coming to the mobile grocery store, we have additionally identified that the member will look at various transportation options related to this. This position is not currently duplicating or displacing any other position.
Outpatient Way Clinic
- Work with our partners at the Way Clinic, which is a clinic that serves the underserved population in Clay County, with their help in distributing resources access questionnaires. This is currently being done by our current Americorps member and this position is not currently duplicating or displacing any other position
Inpatient St Vincent Riverside
- This is a new aspect of the position. It has been recognized that our inpatient patients are not being screened or asked about the social determinants of health, while they are on the inpatient service. The member will round with the inpatient team during the mornings to get a sense of the team and the patient’s biomedical care. In the afternoons, the member will perform social determinants of health questionnaires and determine any access or need issues from a psychosocial perspective and will help liaison with the inpatient team and care managers. Currently, there is a lack of coordination of these services and there has been a significant gap in care with regard to psychosocial needs amongst our inpatient patients. This position will not be duplicating or displacing any other positions.
Major Duties and Responsibilities
- Food insecurity initiative (20%)
Work with coordinating with mobile food clinic to schedule patients who are food insecure or
identified by their PCP who need services
Identify barriers that may prevent patients from accessing the mobile food clinic
Coordinate other food resources for the patient
Coordinate and facilitate obtaining SNAP benefits
Addressing SDOH amongst our inpatient patients (60%)
Work with the inpatient team to identify areas of need with regard to SDOH, as well as other
psychosocial needs that our inpatient patients may need. Liaison with the care management
team to help coordinate care
Way Clinic Resource determinant survey(20%)
Work with the Way Clinic staff and perform resource/SDOH services survey
Characteristics of an Ideal Candidate
Knowledge Required for the Position
- Knowledge of AmeriCorps/Health Corps member requirements
- Skill with Microsoft Office or other software for a variety of data processing operations involving a range of problem solving, record keeping, correspondence, and service tracking options
- May require basic data input and data analysis of our data sets.
Member uses initiative in carrying out recurring assignments following set procedures, independently.
Completed projects are reviewed very generally to determine that objectives have been met and are in compliance with policies and regulations.
Detailed guidelines exist, including regulations and directives, handbooks, precedents, industry standards and files of previous projects.
Guidelines are generally applicable, but the Member independently makes adaptations in dealing with problems and unusual situations.
Member has to develop, analyze, or evaluate information before the service position can progress.
The service position assignments vary significantly or often involve unusual circumstances and incomplete or conflicting data.
In making decisions, the Member is often required to depart from past approaches and to extend traditional techniques.
Purpose and Impact of Service Position Assignments
The service position product or service affects the accuracy, reliability, or acceptability of further
processes or services.
Nature of Contacts
Purpose of Contacts
Personal vehicle required
The member should pass the criminal background check and the required health clearance,including COVID-19 vaccination.
Criminal History Check Requirements Beyond NHC Standard Checks
Considering the applicant and nature of their conviction, there needs to be caution since the applicant will have access to sensitive patient information that needs to be considered very strongly for this position.