NHC Position Type
Care. It’s a simple word that describes who we are and what we do every day.
With our core values as our guide, Maternal and Family Health Services is fully committed to be an organization that embraces diversity, equality, and inclusion; both in our workforce and the communities we are privileged to serve.
As a private non-profit health and human services organization, MFHS works to meet the health and nutrition needs of Northeastern Pennsylvania’s women, children, and families with information, education, and quality care.
Founded in 1971, MFHS meets the ever-changing needs of women, children, and families by providing essential and innovative programming that improves the quality of life for women, children, and families. Today, we oversee and support a network of health and nutrition centers in 16 Pennsylvania counties, serving over 90,000 women, men, and children annually through our core programs:
Often the only available point of access to affordable, preventive care for many of the women, children, and families we serve, these programs rely on support from public/private partners as well as individuals like you.
Major Duties and Responsibilities
The Community Health Liaison will be:
- engaging in outreach and promoting health education topics and healthcare services
- facilitating interventions and classes about health issue prevention and management and overall wellness
- creating healthcare and wellness educational materials
- facilitating and conducting healthcare and wellness trainings and classes
- conducting data collection
- planning and preparing for classes
Characteristics of an Ideal Candidate
The ideal candidate will be a compassionate, open-minded, self starter with a passion for community outreach or helping others to improve their health.
Skills will include:
- Experience speaking language(s) spoken by patient populations
- Public speaking
- Multi-tasking and the ability to balance
- Good coordination and/or great project management skills
- Good verbal and written communication skills
- Proficient computer skills and data entry skills
Knowledge Required for the Position
The candidate should have knowledge of AmeriCorps/Health Corps member requirements and skill with Microsoft Office or other software for a variety of data processing operations involving a range of problem solving, record keeping, correspondence, and service tracking options
The supervisor will assign service activities, advises on changes in procedures, and is available for assistance when required.
The service activities are reviewed for accuracy through spot checks, through complaints from customers, and through observation of the Member at service.
Member must use considerable judgment in adapting current or developing new guidance. Detailed guidelines exist, including regulations and directives, handbooks, precedents, industry standards and files of previous projects.
The service position assignments vary significantly or often involve unusual circumstances and incomplete or conflicting data.
Purpose and Impact of Service Position Assignments
The service position product or services affect the social, physical, and economic well-being of a substantial number of people on an ongoing basis.
Nature of Contacts
Purpose of Contacts
to give or exchange information that will to motivate, influence, or educate people to support change behaviors
- Personal vehicle required
- Language proficiency
- Health screening or service required
- Criminal history check requirements beyond those required by National Health Corps
Language Proficiency Requirements
Bi-lingual English and Spanish
Criminal History Check Requirements Beyond NHC Standard Checks
PA child abuse clearance and criminal history check requirements beyond those required by National Health Corps