The Community Health Worker at Wayne Memorial Community Health Centers will coordinate the Telehealth Home Program and COVID-19 Vaccine Clinics with the following roles and responsibilities:
Telehealth Home Program
- Identify patients with Social Determinants of Health disparities
- Coordinate/ arrange for county van service for clients
- Arrange for food panty / meals on wheels for patients identified with food insecurity
- Refer patients who meet criteria to the WMH Food Grant program
- Refer diabetic patients with food disparities to the Diabetic Educator
- Assist with referring patients to outreach and enrollment for insurance needs
- Assist patients to appropriate agency for assistance with fuel, rent assistance or other unmet needs
- Refer patients to programs for medication costs assistance
- Conduct home visits to identify patients with unmet needs and provide referrals and follow-ups
COVID-19 Vaccine clinics
- Receive calls for vaccine appointments
- Register patients at vaccine clinics
- Assist patients at vaccine clinics with monitoring during the waiting period after receiving vaccine
- Participate in data entry and tracking for COVID reporting purposes
- Participate in vaccine clinics at school sites
Major Duties and Responsibilities
The CCCC member will be responsible for:
- maintaining professional boundaries and respecting patient confidentiality
- collecting and recording information on patients
- referring patients to social and support services
- attending meetings with host site staff, as needed
- conducting outreach to patients with unmet needs
- working closely with staff and leadership
- coordinating with liaisons to problem-solve
- greeting and intaking patients in person and at testing and/or vaccination sites
- providing administrative and logistical support
- monitoring rates and trends on health-related issues
- utilizing partnerships and data to coordinate referrals
- providing information pertaining to the COVID-19 vaccine
Characteristics of an Ideal Candidate
The ideal candidate will have:
- Understanding of and willingness to learn about the community
- Outgoing, energetic, flexible, eager to engage and compassionate
- Good interpersonal skills
- Strong analytical skills
- Excellent organizational skills
- Excellent telephone skills
Knowledge Required for the Position
- Understanding of Covid-19 virus as well as vaccines
- Ability to handle confidential information
- Familiarity with health-related issues
- Experience working with patient populations
- Knowledge of electronic health records
- Medical/clinical experience, a plus
- Proficient computer (e.g., Microsoft suite)
- Data entry skills , electronic medical records (EMR)
- Populations health database (i2i), a plus
The supervisor assigns service activities, advises on changes in procedures, and is available for assistance when required. The supervisor assigns service activities in terms of project objectives and basic priorities and is available for consultation in resolving controversial issues. The member would not be expected to function independently. Direction would be given by the supervisor or designee and/or the Telehealth nurse.
The service activities are reviewed for accuracy through spot checks, through complaints from customers, and through observation of the member at service.
Guidelines are generally applicable, but the member independently makes adaptations in dealing with problems and unusual situations. Member must use considerable judgment in adapting current or developing new guidance.
Member has to develop, analyze, or evaluate information before the service position can progress. The member must develop new techniques, methods, or approaches to complete service position assignments.
Purpose and Impact of Service Position Assignments
The member’s service output is necessary in order to facilitate the service of other staff. The service position product or services affect the social, physical, and economic well-being of a substantial number of people on an ongoing basis.
Nature of Contacts
Contact with patients is an essential component of this position.
Purpose of Contacts
The purpose of working with patients directly is to receive information regarding patient needs related to social disparities and to make referrals to provide support to the patient.
- Company dress code
- Personal vehicle required
- Health screening requirements of TB skin testing, physical exam, evidence of current vaccines
- Negative drug screen
- Criminal history check requirements beyond those required by National Health Corps
Criminal History Check Requirements Beyond NHC Standard Checks
Background check that includes Criminal background check, FBI fingerprinting and child abuse clearance.