NHC Position Type
The Community Outreach Coordinator at Telespond Senior Services will provide direct community outreach and health educational programs to targeted populations, with emphasis on COVID avoidance and prevention. Outreach activities include planning and participating in health fairs, neighborhood community activities, screenings and special events. The Community Outreach Coordinator will develop and implement a COVID and wellness education campaign for the community served by Telespond and maintain comprehensive documentation for data collection; and provide statistical data and/or reports as requested by the CEO.
Major Duties and Responsibilities
- generating and disseminating findings/implementation report
- planning, scheduling, and coordinating listening sessions
- collecting, recording, and evaluating data to inform and educate on health issue
- providing outreach in the community to promote services
- linking clients from community organizations to services
- meeting with referral staff to ensure that clients receive services
- developing new program materials to aid reach, scope, and effectiveness
- doing educational presentations,
- coordinating with outside facilities, faith-based organizations, social services agencies, private medical practices, etc.
- linking individuals and treatment services via education and by serving as a point of contact for community based agencies
Characteristics of an Ideal Candidate
The ideal candidate is a compassionate, confident, energetic team player who works well with others and is committed to social justice. The candidate should also be:
- an excellent communicator
- a good listener
- an effective customer service skills
- detail oriented
- experienced in public speaking
- able to provide training
- experienced with social media
Knowledge Required for the Position
- Knowledge of AmeriCorps/Health Corps member requirements
- Skill with Microsoft Office or other software for a variety of data processing operations involving a range of problem solving, record keeping, correspondence, and service tracking options
The supervisor assigns service activities, advises on changes in procedures, and is available for assistance when required. The supervisor assigns service activities in terms of project objectives and basic priorities and is available for consultation in resolving controversial issues.
The service activities are reviewed for accuracy through spot checks, through complaints from customers, and through observation of the member during service activities. Completed projects are reviewed very generally to determine that objectives have been met and are in compliance with policies and regulations.
Most instructions are easily memorized and require little interpretation. Guidelines are generally applicable, but the member may independently make adaptations in dealing with problems and unusual situations.
The facts or conditions of the service position are clear cut, predictable, and apply directly to the assignment. In making decisions, the Member is often required to depart from past approaches and to extend traditional techniques.
Purpose and Impact of Service Position Assignments
The Member’s service output is necessary in order to facilitate the service of other staff. Member provides timely services of a personal nature to others. The service position product or service affects the accuracy, reliability, or acceptability of further processes or services. , Service position assignments involve a variety of conventional problems, questions, or situations that conform to established criteria. , The service position product or services affect the social, physical, and economic well-being of a substantial number of people on an ongoing basis.
Nature of Contacts
Clients and the public
Purpose of Contacts
Personal contacts outside the supervisory chain will be essential for successful performance of the service and to resolve problems or arrive at compromise solutions with people who have different viewpoints, goals, or objectives.
Personal vehicle required for significant travel (more than 25%)