NHC Position Type
As a Care Coordinator, the member will be serving eligible patients to address preventative cancer screenings and to respond to pertinent social determinants of health (SDOH) with a primary goal of increasing seniors’ ability to remain in their own homes with the same or improved quality of life for as long as possible. The position will include a significant amount of direct patient interaction and the ability to collaborate with whole care teams (nurses, providers, health center managers, etc.). In addition, the member will conduct outreach to isolated patients in need of Covid-19 testing and vaccination, and will manage standby outreach and educate patients as they arrive for testing/vaccine clinics.
Major Duties and Responsibilities
- offering and reviewing screenings or self-referrals,
- referring patients to other programs and community services
- providing follow-up and case management to deliver assistance and information
- maintaining professional boundaries and respecting patient confidentiality
- auditing charts for quality assurance
- attending and participating in community or host site events
- collaborating with supervisors and other leadership
- conducting social determinants of health screener
- providing social service navigation
Characteristics of an Ideal Candidate
- Organized; sound organizational skills
- Multi-tasker; ability to balance
- Comfortable speaking with patient populations, individually or in groups
- Interested in health and wellness promotion, Team-oriented
- Positive attitude
- Patient and calm
- Familiarity with patient populations
- Speaks language(s) spoken by patient populations
- Creative problem solving
- Kind and friendly
- NHC member uses initiative in carrying out recurring assignments following set procedures, independently.
- The supervisor assigns service activities, advises on changes in procedures, and is available for assistance when required.
- The service activities are reviewed for accuracy through spot checks, through complaints from customers, and through observation of the Member at service.
- Detailed guidelines exist, including regulations and directives, handbooks, precedents, industry standards and files of previous projects.
- Guidelines are generally applicable, but the NHC member independently makes adaptations in dealing with problems and unusual situations.
- The facts or conditions of the service position are clear cut, predictable, and apply directly to the assignment.
Purpose and Impact of Service Position Assignments
- The NHC member’s service output is necessary in order to facilitate the service of other staff.
- The service position product or service affects the accuracy, reliability, or acceptability of further processes or services.
- The service position product or services affect the social, physical, and economic well-being of a substantial number of people on an ongoing basis.
Nature of Contacts
- Community organizations
Purpose of Contacts
- to provide customer service
- Special safety regulations or precautions that must be observed
Language Proficiency Requirements
- Must possess proficiency in both English and Spanish languages
Criminal History Check Requirements Beyond NHC Standard Checks
- Child abuse clearance