NHC Position Type
The Child and Family Care Navigator will assist with two different programs.
The first is our Reproductive and Child Health program (RCH). This program provides contraception, pregnancy classes, developmental screenings and all other aspects of perinatal, reproductive and pediatric care for children who are between 0-2 years old.
The second is our Medication-Assisted Treatment program (MAT). This program provides counseling, psychosocial assessment, safety planning, education around overdose prevention and medication-assisted treatment for people who have a history of substance use.
The Child and Family Care Navigator will serve as a bridge between RCH and MAT. The member will be responsible for enrollment, follow up, and tracking of eligible perinatal patients and infants in services designed to improve infant and birth parent health outcomes. Priority services will identify and address unmet needs of pregnant persons with substance use disorders, housing instability, and lack of engagement in prenatal care.
Major Duties and Responsibilities
- Practicing intake and referrals of patients in need
- Identifying patients who are at-risk to assess eligibility for various services
- Providing follow-up and case management to deliver assistance and information
- Documenting interactions with patients in an electronic health record
- Conducting social determinants or health screener