NHC Position Type
NSC welcomes and empowers immigrants to thrive in our communities and pursue a just future. Our vision is that all immigrants achieve a life of safety and stability, sustainable opportunities, and meaningful community connections. NSC serves 5,000 immigrants and refugees from more than 100 countries each year through comprehensive services including language access and proficiency, legal services, community transition and integration, health access, employment support, and a variety of case management programs. For 100 years, our organization has adapted services and tailored programs in response to the evolving needs of our clients.
The Dental Health Access Liaison position at Nationalities Service Center conducts outreach, education, connection to dental care and preventive services health related support to vulnerable refugees and immigrants in the Greater Philadelphia region. As such, the Dental Health Access Liaison is an integral part of NSC’s Health Access Team and connects with other NSC programs on a regular basis.
The member will be the main point of contact for dental care coordination: including health care service scheduling, navigation and referrals, health literacy, coordination and communication with clients and partners. This includes all dental appointments, health literacy, health outreach programs, client communication, coordination and etc.
The member will be primarily working within the health access team as a year-long volunteers and will not be considered an actual NSC employees. However, they are entitled to attend all training opportunities, events and programs. All their admin and clerical matters will be managed by NHC.
NSC's Health Access team coordinates closely with other agency programs, and clients in NSC case management programs are referred to the Health Access team for health care connection and coordination.
Major Duties and Responsibilities
- Offering and reviewing screenings or self-referrals
- Implementing patient engagement strategies to improve outcomes
- Maintaining professional boundaries and respecting patient confidentiality
- Coordinating health and wellness activities including classes and groups
- Conducting social determinants or health screener
- Scheduling dental treatment appointments
- Escorting clients to their appointments if necessary
- Track the follow-up appointments with the clients and providers
- Provide constant health education to clients