NHC Position Type
NSC welcomes and empowers immigrants to thrive in our communities and pursue a just future. Our vision is that all immigrants achieve a life of safety and stability, sustainable opportunities, and meaningful community connections. NSC serves 5,000 immigrants and refugees from more than 100 countries each year through comprehensive services including language access and proficiency, legal services, community transition and integration, health access, employment support, and a variety of case management programs. For nearly 100 years, our organization has adapted services and tailored programs in response to the evolving needs of our clients.
The General Health Access Liaison position at Nationalities Service Center conducts outreach, education, connection to primary care and preventive services and eligibility screening and health insurance enrollment assistance, and provides general health access supports to vulnerable refugees and immigrants in the Greater Philadelphia region. As such, the General Health Access Liaison is an integral part of NSC’s Health Access Team and connects with other NSC programs on a regular basis.
The member will be the main point of contact for health care service scheduling, navigation and referrals, health literacy, coordination and communication with clients and partners. This includes all general health appointments, eye care, health insurance screening and enrollment assistance, health literacy, health outreach programs, client communication and coordination and etc.
This position will be primarily working within the health access team as year-long volunteers and will not be considered as actual NSC employees. However, they are entitled to attend all training opportunities, events and programs. All their admin and clerical matters will be managed by NHC.
NSC's Health Access team coordinates closely with other agency programs, and clients in NSC case management programs are referred to the Health Access team for health care connection and coordination.
Major Duties and Responsibilities
- Offering and reviewing screenings or self-referrals
- Implementing patient engagement strategies to improve outcomes
- Maintaining professional boundaries and respecting patient confidentiality
- Coordinating health and wellness activities including classes and groups
- Conducting social determinants or health screener
- Schedule health appointments for clients
- Escort clients to their health appointment if necessary
- Follow up with clients to determine if they need any further assistance
- Perform any other task assigned by the supervisor