NHC Position Type
The NHC member will be vital to bridging the gap between our patient's’ current awareness of integrated wellness services, including raising awareness of what the programs are, education of the benefits of the programs and supporting recruitment and engagement. Once patients have been linked and registered in a program, the NHC member responsibilities include but are not limited to organizing and promoting information sessions and making reminder calls for classes and events. Additionally, the NHC member will make the patient program calendars as well as communicating this information to appropriate departments. Other duties to enhance patient recruitment and retention could include administering patient satisfaction surveys, making follow up phone calls to all new patients seen within a week, with an emphasis on patient recruitment and outreach.
Major Duties and Responsibilities
- engaging in outreach and promoting health education topics and healthcare services
- collaborating with pre-existing patients and partner organizations
- recruiting participants
- creating healthcare and wellness educational materials
- managing program evaluations
- conducting data collection
- keeping and organizing documentation and records
- engaging in program planning
- developing community relationships
Characteristics of an Ideal Candidate
- Experience with public speaking
- Multi-tasker; ability to balance
- Coordination and/or great project management skills, Good verbal and written communication skills, Proficient computer skills and data entry skills
- Passion for community outreach or helping others to improve their health a plus
Knowledge Required for the Position
- Skills with Microsoft Office or other software for a variety of data processing operations involving a range of problem solving, record keeping, correspondence, and service tracking options
- NHC member uses initiative in carrying out recurring assignments and following set procedures, independently.
- The supervisor assigns service activities, advises on changes in procedures, and is available for assistance when required.
- NHC member and supervisor work as a team. Supervisor assigns service activities; NHC member provides feedback to improve position efficacy.
- Completed projects are reviewed very generally to determine that objectives have been met and are in compliance with policies and regulations.
- Written and oral guides provide specific instructions for doing service.
- Guidelines are generally applicable, but the NHC member independently makes adaptations in dealing with problems and unusual situations.
- The facts or conditions of the service position are clear cut, predictable, and apply directly to the assignment.
- The conditions are clear however, can be adapted as needs of the community change.
Purpose and Impact of Service Position Assignments
- The NHC member’s service output is necessary in order to facilitate the service of other staff.
Nature of Contacts
- Contact with clients.
Purpose of Contacts
- The purpose of contact with clients is to give or exchange information.
- Health screening or service required
Language Proficiency Requirements
Criminal History Check Requirements Beyond NHC Standard Checks
- Child abuse clearance