NHC Position Type
NSC welcomes and empowers immigrants to thrive in our communities and pursue a just future. Our vision is that all immigrants achieve a life of safety and stability, sustainable opportunities, and meaningful community connections. NSC serves 5,000 immigrants and refugees from more than 100 countries each year through comprehensive services including language access and proficiency, legal services, community transition and integration, health access, employment support, and a variety of case management programs. For nearly 100 years, our organization has adapted services and tailored programs in response to the evolving needs of our clients.
Nationalities Service Center's Refugee Health Team works with all newly arrived refugee clients to establish healthcare here in the United States.
The Clinic Liaison connects newly arrived refugees and immigrants with primary care providers, manages clients’ specialist and follow-up care, provides clients with health education services and other support. As such, the Clinic Liaison is an integral part of NSC’s Health Team and connects with other NSC programs on a regular basis, including the refugee resettlement team, who serve as primary case management supports to newly arrived clients.
This position is a member of the Refugee Health team, which is part of NSC's Health and Wellness Department.
Major Duties and Responsibilities
- Coordinating health and wellness activities including classes and groups
- Educating patients on medical interventions and prevention
- Documenting interactions with patients in an electronic health record
- Collaborating with supervisors and other leadership
- Providing social service navigation
- Health Education, Connection and referral to health care