NHC Position Type
This position has been filled for the 2023-2024 Service Term.
Summary: The COVID-19 Responder/Opioid Safety Coordinator will conduct COVID-19 positive test follow-up, referral to resources, and health education–all critical components to reducing the spread of COVID-19. They will also aid in improving retention of Primary Care patients prescribed medications for Opioid Use Disorder (MOUD) through direct telephone outreach to patients, serving as a patient navigator at Primary Care clinics, and performing patient chart reviews.
About the Organization: The San Francisco Department of Public Health (SFDPH) strives to achieve its mission of protecting the health and safety of all San Franciscans through the work of two Divisions - the San Francisco Health Network and Population Health and Prevention. The SF Health Network is the City's health system and has locations throughout the City including San Francisco General Hospital Medical Center, Laguna Honda Hospital and over 12 primary care clinics that provide care for 64,000 active patients, who are racially and ethnically diverse: approximately 39% Latino, 26% Asian, and 15% African-American.
Major Duties and Responsibilities
- Creating and developing communications related to outreach campaigns
- Developing and providing health education for the community
- Providing education to clients and referring them to providers
- Providing health education to at-risk populations
- Gathering data on critical issues impacting the community
Characteristics of an Ideal Candidate
- Comfort speaking with others, individually or in groups
- NHC members will thrive with the approach of learning new materials and processes, tackling challenges and barriers, and the desire to achieve personal and career goals.
Knowledge Required for the Position
- Personal vehicles are not required for this position. The clinics are accessible via public transportation.
- Unusual service hours, involving evenings, weekends, or long shifts
- To protect individuals from COVID-19, NHC members are required to alternate weekend shifts for COVID-19 results disclosure and work on holidays if their shifts falls on a holiday.
Language Proficiency Requirements
- Additional Language Proficiency is not required, but may be helpful.