NHC Position Type
*2 available positions (one position potentially able to start earlier than August 30, 2021)
Opioid/Substance Use Disorder Access Coordinators will help coordinate care for those with substance use disorder (SUD), particularly those with opioid use disorder (OUD), including treatment, primary care, mental health care, and support services. HealthRIGHT 360 (HR360) provides OUD/SUD services through detox, residential, and outpatient Behavioral Health programs as well as MAT at our medical clinic. We serve homeless and underserved populations who also suffer from mental illness and chronic disease and require wrap-around support services to ensure successful treatment. The OUD/SUD Access Coordinators will help outreach to these populations, particularly those who experience or are at risk for OUD/SUD, through panel management practices, engaging them in care through education groups and group visits. The NHC members will also actively engage in COVID-19 screening and testing for clients, including helping to conduct mass testing for residents of our congregate living sites; members will be in the unique position of being a nexus between our residential facilities and medical clinic.
Major Duties and Responsibilities
- providing outreach to stakeholders to identify issues,
- providing education to clients and refer them to providers
- maintaining an inventory of supply materials for patients, clients, and/or organizations
- providing outreach in the community to promote services
- linking clients from community organizations to services
- assessing and reporting on existing services in the target area
Characteristics of an Ideal Candidate
- Good with patient populations
- Excellent communicator
- Experience with project implementation
- Good with diverse personalities
- Good interpersonal skills
- Multi-tasker; ability to balance
- Ability to work in deadline-oriented environment
- Interest in health, social justice, and policy issues
- Team player
- Commitment to social justice
- Works well with others
- Good listener
- Thinks creatively
- Desires to empower community
- Speaks language(s) spoken by patient populations
- Able to build relationships with experts
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment
- Organized; sound organizational skills
- Good customer service skills
- Proficient computer and data entry skills (e.g., Microsoft suite)
- Passion for health topics
Knowledge Required for the Position
Skill with Microsoft Office or other software for a variety of data processing operations involving a range of problem solving, record keeping, correspondence, and service tracking options
- Member uses initiative in carrying out recurring assignments following set procedures, independently.
- The supervisor assigns service activities, advises on changes in procedures, and is available for assistance when required.
- The supervisor assigns service activities in terms of project objectives and basic priorities and is available for consultation in resolving controversial issues.
- The service activities are reviewed for accuracy through spot checks, through complaints from customers, and through observation of the Member at service.
- The Member independently plans and carries out the projects and selects the approaches and methods to be used in solving problems.
- Written and oral guides provide specific instructions for doing service.
- Guidelines are generally applicable, but the Member independently makes adaptations in dealing with problems and unusual situations.
- Member must use considerable judgment in adapting current or developing new guidance.
- In making decisions, the Member is often required to depart from past approaches and to extend traditional techniques.
Purpose and Impact of Service Position Assignments
- Member provides timely services of a personal nature to others.
- The service position product or service affects the design or operation of systems, programs, or equipment.
- The member is required to investigate or analyze a variety of unusual conditions, problems, or questions.
Nature of Contacts
Purpose of Contacts
- to provide customer service
Language Proficiency Requirements
- Spanish, Cantonese, or Mandarin is highly desired, but not required.