NHC Position Type
Summary: The Senior Vitality Assistant will support the work of a health and technology wellness program. This program trains older adults on the use of technology, with the overall goal of using technology to improve their health and wellness and reduce their isolation. The member will work with both individual older adults and groups.
The Senior Vitality Assistant's primary activities will be to provide health access and education to under-served communities (LGBTQ+, Low-Income, Non-English Speaking, People of Color) and will address the focus area of increasing older adults' (adults 50 and older) ability to remain in their own homes with the same or improved quality of life for as long as possible.
About the Organization: Curry's mission is Promoting Wellness, Dignity and Independence for Seniors. At Curry Senior Center we strive to ensure our clients stay in their homes and their communities as long as they can, independently. Curry offers integrated health care, housing, case management support, social programs, wellness programs, free meals and community activities for all older adults, especially our most vulnerable, low income or unhoused.
Note: This position prefers applicants have proficiency in Cantonese, but Cantonese proficiency is no longer required.
Major Duties and Responsibilities
- Creating healthcare and wellness educational materials.
- Scheduling and coordinating intervention/class logistics.
- Facilitating and teaching health and technology classes
- Engaging in program planning.
- Collaboration with community non-profits
- Recruiting participants.
- Outreach for clients with special needs
- Keeping and organizing documentation and records.
- Administrating surveys
Characteristics of an Ideal Candidate
- Able to communicate effectively with individuals of diverse backgrounds and identities.
- Community engagement/outreach skills
- Patient with clients
- Professional and friendly.
- Multitasking/Ability to Balance
- Strong communication skills (written and verbal)
- Very organized
- Excellent followup on tasks and deadlines
Knowledge Required for the Position
- Personal vehicles are not required for this position. The clinics are accessible via public transportation.
- Dress Code: Business Casual -professional demeanor and appearance, clean, neat, comfortable, including jeans, t-shirts, tennis shoes/sneakers. Please do not wear fragrances. The following items are not recommended because of potential safety risk: open-toed shoes, sandals, high heels, excessive jewelry.
- Health screening or service required: must be vaccinated and boosted for COVID-19.
Language Proficiency Requirements
- Conversational Proficiency, Full Professional, or Bilingual Proficiency in Cantonese is preferred.
- Applicants with Elementary or Limited Working Proficiency in Cantonese are encouraged to apply.