NHC Position Type
This position has been filled for the 2023-2024 Service Term.
Position Start: August 29th, 2023.
Position End: July 16th, 2023.
Summary: As part of the SFDPH WPIC division, the Shelter Health Care Coordinator will serve within the Shelter Health program alongside its staff at a designated Shelter Health Clinic(s) to provide medical care and care coordination to people experiencing homelessness in San Francisco’s homeless shelter system, specifically at Site F in the Bayview neighborhood of SF with Dr. Dan and Nurse Ramona. The Shelter Health Care Coordinator meets the unmet need of supporting the Shelter Health Site F team, which supports 50+ RV’s being used as transitional shelter.
About the Organization: SFDPH Whole-Person Integrated Care serves to provide care to people experiencing homeless by 1) connecting to transitional primary care 2) re-/connecting to social services 3) supporting client’s towards becoming “housing ready” for their transition from shelter health to their next destination, ideally their own permanent, supportive housing with established primary medical care.
Major Duties and Responsibilities
- Practicing intake and referrals of patients in need
- Referring patients to other programs and community services.
- Implementing patient engagement strategies to improve outcomes.
- Conducting program quality improvement and data analysis.
- Tracking patients to confirm program enrollment and engagement.
Characteristics of an Ideal Candidate
- Comfort speaking with others, individually or in groups.
- Able to build strong relationships.
Knowledge Required for the Position
- Personal vehicles are not required for this position. The clinics are accessible via public transportation.
Language Proficiency Requirements
- Additional Language Proficiency is not required, but may be helpful.