NHC Position Type
1 of 2 slots for this position has begun receiving applicants for the 2023-2024 Service Term.
Position Start: Rolling start - ASAP.
Position End: Dependent on determined start date.
Summary: The Value-Based Care Coordinator will conduct COVID-19 positive test follow-up, referral to resources, and health education–all critical components to reducing the spread of COVID-19. They will also aid in improving cancer screening rates, improving chronic disease control, and improving child and flu immunization rates through direct telephone outreach to patients. SFHN patients are all publicly insured or uninsured, most are low-income and many experience low health literacy. The member will be interacting with patients and staff of many different socioeconomic and cultural backgrounds.
About the Organization: The San Francisco Department of Public Health (SFDPH) strives to achieve its mission of protecting the health and safety of all San Franciscans through the work of two Divisions - the San Francisco Health Network and Population Health and Prevention. The SF Health Network is the City's health system and has locations throughout the City including San Francisco General Hospital Medical Center, Laguna Honda Hospital and over 12 primary care clinics that provide care for 64,000 active patients, who are racially and ethnically diverse: approximately 39% Latino, 26% Asian, and 15% African-American.
Major Duties and Responsibilities
- Creating and developing communications related to outreach campaigns
- Developing and providing health education for the community
- Providing education to clients and referring them to providers
- Providing health education to at-risk populations
- Gathering data on critical issues impacting the community
Characteristics of an Ideal Candidate
- Comfort speaking with others, individually or in groups
- NHC members will thrive with the approach of learning new materials and processes, tackling challenges and barriers, and the desire to achieve personal and career goals.
Knowledge Required for the Position
Nature of Contacts
The population that the member primarily serves and/or interacts with are:
Purpose of Contacts
The member interacts with the above contacts:
To motivate, influence, or educate people to support behavior change
- Personal vehicles are not required for this position. The clinics are accessible via public transportation.
- Unusual service hours, involving evenings, weekends, or long shifts
- To protect individuals from COVID-19, NHC members are required to alternate weekend shifts for COVID-19 results disclosure and work on holidays if their shifts falls on a holiday.
Language Proficiency Requirements
- Additional Language Proficiency is not required, but may be helpful.