NHC Position Type
The member will be key to promote COVID-19 vaccines and other immunizations offered by WellSpace Health to those communities and populations with low vaccine rates.
Major Duties and Responsibilities
- Collaborating with pre-existing patients and partner organizations
- Recruiting participants
- Facilitating interventions and classes about health issue prevention and management and overall wellness
- Creating healthcare and wellness educational materials
- Facilitating and conducting healthcare and wellness trainings and classes
- Conducting data collection
- Providing health counseling and coaching
- Doing healthy cooking demonstrations
Characteristics of an Ideal Candidate
- Good verbal and written communication skills
- Proficient computer skills and data entry skills
- Passion for community outreach or helping others to improve their health a plus
Knowledge Required for the Position
Skill with Microsoft Office or other software for a variety of data processing operations involving a range of problem solving, record keeping, correspondence, and service tracking options.
The supervisor assigns service activities, advises on changes in procedures, and is available for assistance when required.
The service activities are reviewed for accuracy through spot checks, through complaints from customers, and through observation of the Member at service.
Detailed guidelines exist, including regulations and directives, handbooks, precedents, industry standards and files of previous projects.
The facts or conditions of the service position are clear cut, predictable, and apply directly to the assignment.
Purpose and Impact of Service Position Assignments
The service position product or services affect the social, physical, and economic well-being of a substantial number of people on an ongoing basis.
Nature of Contacts
Purpose of Contacts
To motivate, influence, or educate people to support change behaviors.