NHC Position Type
NHC will assist identified patients by: (1) Using reports from our electronic health record, identify under-represented minority and elderly patients in need of preventive care screenings, covid vaccination and chronic disease testing or studies. (2) Contacting these patients to assist them in engaging in their individual healthcare plan. (3) Providing education about preventative health care services. (4) Assisting patients in navigating the healthcare system e.g. making, keeping appointments and following up with specialists as requested by their family physician, and (5) assessing individual and community needs for social, housing, behavioral health resources.
Major Duties and Responsibilities
- Tracking, enrolling, and surveying patients for improvement
- Attending meetings and patient huddles,
- Conducting phone outreach as assigned by leadership,
- Assisting in care coordination and resource referrals,
- Tracking referrals and closing the referral loop,
- Conducting outreach to patients via phone/letters,
- Linking patients to care by scheduling appointments
Characteristics of an Ideal Candidate
- Proficient computer and data entry skills (e.g., Microsoft Excel)
- Good communication skills,
- Organized; sound organizational skills,
- Good telephone skills
Knowledge Required for the Position
Skill with Microsoft Office or other software for a variety of data processing operations involving a range of problem solving, record keeping, correspondence, and service tracking options
The supervisor assigns service activities, advises on changes in procedures, and is available for assistance when required.
The Member independently plans and carries out the projects and selects the approaches and methods to be used in solving problems
- Written and oral guides provide specific instructions for doing service.
- Detailed guidelines exist, including regulations and directives, handbooks, precedents, industry standards and files of previous projects.
- The facts or conditions of the service position are clear cut, predictable, and apply directly to the assignment.
- The Member must develop new techniques, methods, or approaches to complete service position assignments
Purpose and Impact of Service Position Assignments
- Member provides timely services of a personal nature to others.
- Service position assignments involve a variety of conventional problems, questions, or situations that conform to established criteria.
Nature of Contacts
Purpose of Contacts
To provide customer service
Health screening or service required
Criminal History Check Requirements Beyond NHC Standard Checks
In addition to NHC Standard Checks, all NHC Pittsburgh members are required to complete and pass criminal history checks for Great Lakes Behavioral Research Institute/Diversified Care Management (DCM). Great Lakes/DCM is a third party vendor contracted with the Allegheny County Health Department (operating site for NHC Pittsburgh) to distribute NHC Pittsburgh member stipends. NHC Pittsburgh members are onboarded to Great Lakes/DCM system only when the checks have been completed and the member has passed those checks.
The checks that all NHC Pittsburgh members would be required to complete and pass for Great Lakes/DCM are the following: 1) Act 33 (Pennsylvania Child Abuse Clearance), 2) National Sex Offender Registry Clearance, 3) Act 34 (Pennsylvania Criminal History Clearance, and 4) Act 73 (FBI Criminal History Clearance - ONLY completed via Identogo PA).
NHC members do not have to pay for the completion of these checks. Great Lakes/DCM will distribute payment codes for the Act 33 (Pennsylvania Child Abuse Clearance) and Act 73 (FBI Criminal History Clearance which is conducted through Identogo PA ( PA FBI fingerprinting agency). The National Sex Offender Registry Clearance and Act 34 (Pennsylvania Criminal History Clearance) will be completed by Great Lakes/DCM upon receiving requested information that members will be asked to submit.