Mission, Vision and Values
The mission of the University of Florida College of Medicine – Jacksonville and UF Health Jacksonville is to heal, to comfort, to educate and to discover through quality health care, elimination of health disparities, medical education, innovation and research.
Our vision is to be Jacksonville's most valued community asset, eliminating health care needs as a concern of the population. We will achieve this vision by:
- Delivering patient-centered care that exceeds expectations of patients and families
- Providing unrivaled medical education and research
- Developing partnerships that join our work to the well-being of the community
In striving to fulfill our mission, we will be guided by the enduring values of:
- Excellence in each and every customer experience
- Respect for the critical nature of our work
- Compassion for humanity and one another
- Stewardship of the trust and privilege to serve
The transition from pediatric health care to adult-oriented health care can be very complicated for people with disabilities and chronic health conditions. The Jacksonville Health and Transition Services (JaxHATS) clinic was created to help make this transition easier. JaxHATS serves teens and young adults, ages 16-26, with chronic medical or developmental problems. Services are open to residents of Duval, Nassau, Baker, Clay and St. Johns counties in Florida.